Patients in Lakewood, CO Are Discovering the Benefits and Advantages That Dental Implants Offer
Are you looking for an effective solution to replace missing teeth or those which are cracked and broken? If so, dental implants may be just the solution you have been looking for. A dental implant is a tooth replacement that can mimic the structure of the entire tooth. From root to crown, dental implants are custom created to complete your smile and restore dental health. Dr. Scott Stewart and his team at South Lakewood Dental in Lakewood, CO recognize the benefits that these cost-effective dental implants offer and have sent countless patients’ home with renewed oral health.
Are You A Candidate?
You may be a candidate for a dental implant if you’ve lost one or more teeth or have teeth that have either broken or have decayed beyond repair. A dental implant will solve these issues. Dental implants can also be the answer for those patients who have ill-fitting and uncomfortable dentures, partial dentures or bridges. While some patients who have insufficient bone or other health conditions may not be good candidates for dental implants, there have been advancements in bone reconstruction and diagnostics which have made dental implants a reality for virtually everybody.
Dental Implants – The Advantages and Benefits
- Dental Implants Mimic the Behavior of Natural Teeth: Many patients who receive a dental implant recognize that one of its greatest advantages is that it restores complete chewing power. Many patients who receive a dental implant are unable to distinguish between the implanted tooth and natural teeth due to their ability to chew with it as if it were a natural tooth. It can also be brushed and flossed just the same also.
- Dental Implants are Long Lasting: Compared to a dental bridge, which may only last as long as 10 years, a dental implant can (with the proper care) last your entire lifetime. Most modern implants are constructed from titanium and are integrated into the jawbone. A dental implant is bio-compatible and cannot be rejected by your body. This all results in one mighty powerful tooth replacement!
- Dental Implants Prevent Bone Loss: When a lost tooth is not replaced, the jawbone underneath the space will begin to deteriorate due to a lack of stimulation. This can happen as soon as 1 year after a tooth is lost. In that first year alone, 25% of the volume in that jawbone area can be lost and just get worse as the years’ progress. Dentures won’t remedy this either and, in some cases, can even make it worse due to how dentures can rub against the bony ridge, eventually wearing it away. An implant will replace the root as well as the tooth and provide the necessary stimulation needed for natural bone growth.
- Dental Implants Keep Adjoining Teeth Stable: When a tooth is lost, creating a gap, the adjacent teeth then have the space necessary to begin crookedly shifting inwards to the gap. This results in teeth that are out of position. This affects your bite, the appearance of your smile and your overall ability to chew. The shifting can also result in interference which makes inserting a dental implant at a later time more difficult. Additionally, a poor bit caused by shifting teeth can lead to issues with your temporomandibular joint, resulting in pain and headaches.
- Dental Implants Will Stop Facial Sagging and Prevent Premature Aging: When there is bone loss of the jaw due to missing teeth, the result can be a face that begins to sag. Facial sagging occurs when the lower third of the face begins to collapse with the tip of the nose reaching down towards the chin. You will see an increase in wrinkles around the mouth, thinning lips and a chin which begins to become more pointed in shape. This will make the person appear much older than they are. A dental implant will prevent this from happening due to its prevention of bone loss in the jaw.
As you can see, there are numerous benefits and advantages to getting a dental implant to replace a missing tooth. Dr. Scott Stewart recognizes these benefits and has placed countless successful implants in patients over the years and would love to serve you. To schedule an appointment with South Lakewood Dental, please call (855) 233-0023 today.
Dr. Scott Stewart - South Lakewood Dental
Whilst being passionate about his service to the community, Dr. Stewart is a revolutionary in his approach to tackling dental health care issues. He is a firm believer in the harmonious balance of the body as opposed to treating symptoms. He emphasizes on the holistic practice of wellbeing and addressing underlying issues to make the “whole person” healthier.