Specialized laser technology means detecting tooth decay earlier and performing routine tasks without the use of the drill for Denver area patients.
When most people think of the dentist, they see and hear that dental drill grinding away and producing dust and odors. Luckily, with today’s advancements in dentistry, those thoughts can be a thing of the past. Laser treatments provide patients with safe and effective alternatives to traditional dental solutions.
Lasers are focused sources of light energy. Therefined energy that is produced has the capability to shape tissue and to remove it as well. Currently, our offices are proficient in the procedural technologies known as:
- Waterlase – combines water, air and laser energy for a minimally invasive and virtually pain-free experience
- Ezlase – laser technology for more sensitive tissues
- DIAGNOdent – laser detects early decay by scanning the teeth for affected areas that may not be readily seen by the naked eye
These treatments are being used for:
- Tooth decay – Lasers remove tooth decay and strengthen fillings
- Gum disease – Lasers remove infected gums and kill harmful bacteria
- Cosmetic procedures – Lasers reshape gums, remove lesions and aid in teeth whitening
- Biopsies – Lasers remove a piece of gum tissue so that it can be analyzed in a lab setting
Since the need for the drill in these instances has been eliminated, laser therapies reduce the pain that comes during and post treatment. Excess bleeding, inflammation and swelling can occur with any of the procedures listed above when performed in the traditional manner. With lasers however, the occurrence rate for these issues decreases greatly. This also means that the need for anesthetics decreases as well for those seeking a pharmaceutical-free treatment.
Don’t let the old fears of dental work bar you from achieving the healthy and beautiful smile of your dreams. Call us today to schedule an appointment with our friendly and capable staff.Back to Laser Dentistry Page