Optimizing oral hygiene and oral health with the help of dental lasers in Lakewood
Keeping your teeth and gums clean is one part of keeping your entire body healthy. Proper brushing and flossing along with regular dental visits are essential to maintaining the health of your teeth and gums. Dr. Stewart recommends all patients visit his office twice a year for optimal results. In addition, there are number of steps you can follow to ensure you have a lifetime of healthy teeth and beautiful smiles.
- Follow a daily oral health regimen – Dr. Stewart is happy to help you come up with a plan for daily oral hygiene that fits in with any of your special conditions or medical needs.
- Brush and floss daily – Although it is generally accepted to brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day, Dr. Stewart recommends that his patients brush their teeth after every meal. Food residue on teeth encourages the bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease. Antibacterial mouthwash can also cut down on plaque.
- Eat nutritious foods – Foods that contain excessive sugar and starch produce acids that begin the tooth decay process. Eating a balanced diet with lots of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and fibers will help keep your teeth healthy.
- Quit Smoking – Smoking cigarettes, or tobacco use, increase your risk of gum disease, bad breath, stained teeth, and cancer. Quitting smoking will dramatically improve your health of your teeth and your overall wellbeing.
- Know your teeth – Being familiar with your own teeth and gums will allow you to notice any changes at an early stage. When examining the mouth you will want to make special note of any growths, swellings, or spots. Look for any discoloration, chipping, or looseness. Call Dr. Stewart for an examination if you notice any of these changes or develop any mouth pain.
We offer patients the benefits of laser dentistry to help improve and maintain oral hygiene. Laser technologies can be used for early diagnosis of tooth decay, treatment of gum disease, and improve comfort during routine dental cleanings. By making your oral hygiene a priority, you are on the path to overall wellness. To learn more about the role of laser dentistry in oral hygiene, call South Lakewood Dental today.Back to Laser Dentistry Page
Dr. Scott Stewart - South Lakewood Dental
Whilst being passionate about his service to the community, Dr. Stewart is a revolutionary in his approach to tackling dental health care issues. He is a firm believer in the harmonious balance of the body as opposed to treating symptoms. He emphasizes on the holistic practice of wellbeing and addressing underlying issues to make the “whole person” healthier.