Safe and effective mercury filling removal
Many patients are unaware that a previous dentist has put toxins into their mouth. Any patient who has had a cavity treated with a silver amalgam filling is subjecting their body to mercury. Silver amalgam fillings are approximately 50 percent mercury. We see many patients in our practice requesting mercury filling removal and replacement with a safer alternative known as composite resin bonding, or “tooth-colored fillings.”
Is mercury toxic to the human body?
Yes. Exposure to mercury vapor can have an effect on the body. Symptoms that patients have been exposed include a range of issues, which can make it difficult to pinpoint. For example, patients with excessive exposure may experience:
- Poor muscle coordination
- Kidney abnormalities
- Skin rashes
- Memory loss
How does mercury vapor exposure happen?
Mercury is most toxic when the vapors are inhaled into the lungs. This can cause it to become absorbed into the bloodstream and pass to the organs of the body. Pregnant women can also pass mercury toxins through the placenta and to their baby’s fetal circulation, and also pass it to their baby through breastfeeding. Vapor is exposed through normal activities of the oral cavity. Brushing the teeth, drinking heated beverages, and chewing can heat up the mercury amalgam fillings and release these toxins. Dr. Scott Stewart offers removal and replacement with non-threatening materials such as composite resin.
Interested in mercury filling removal and replacement?
Dr. Scott Stewart and the team of his Lakewood, CO area practice are committed to providing patients with solutions for their smile, especially those that are holistic and biocompatible. Call Dr. Scott Stewart, an IAOMT member, and discuss the advantages of removing and replacing mercury fillings. His practice can be reached by phone at (855) 233-0023 and is located at 2525 S. Wadsworth Boulevard, Suite 11.
Back to Holistic Dentistry Page