Dr. Stewart explains the benefits of mini implants to Lakewood area patients
A dental implant is an artificial component that mimics the root of a missing tooth. Jawbone integrates with the implant to form stable anchor for a crown, bridge, or denture. Modern dental implants, considered by many as one of the most important developments in dentistry, have been available in the United States since the 1970s. Dr. Scott Stewart takes implant dentistry to the next level, making mini implants available to patients throughout the Lakewood area.
A mini dental implant is smaller than a traditional implant. Mini implants require precise planning and preparation for successful placement, but there are many benefits of this option:
- Patients who do not have sufficient bone density for traditional implants (such as the elderly or those who have experienced gum disease) may be candidates for mini implants.
- Placement is convenient – typically non-surgical and brief, done at the South Lakewood Dental office with only local anesthesia needed.
- The mini implant is one piece, rather than a separate implant and abutment. That means only one procedure, rather than two.
- Healing time is minimal, usually about 2 days. Most patients can eat within a few hours of their mini implant appointment, and there is less risk of complications at the wound site. Discomfort is minimal and easily managed with over the counter analgesics.
- Mini implants may be “loaded” right away. Our patients often leave the office with a replacement tooth or dentures, without having to wait several months. A smaller diameter and compression method of placement makes minis sturdy enough for their load, right away.
- Mini dental implants give more patients the option of replacement teeth that look, feel, and function naturally, and for stable dentures that allow confident speaking, eating, and laughing.
- Mini implants are more affordable in many situations, especially since bone graft is rarely required.
- Dr. Stewart’s success rate with mini dental implant is extremely high.
Dental implants make a life changing difference for many patients. In Dr. Stewart’s capable hands, mini implants are giving patients in Lakewood, CO and surrounding areas, those who believed they could not have dental implants, a chance to enjoy the same amazing benefits.
Are you ready to learn more about how mini implants can restore your smile immediately? Call South Lakewood Dental today at (855) 233-0023 for a consultation with the holistic dentist who cares about your smile and your whole body wellness – Dr. Scott Stewart.Back to Dental Implants Page